If you have been referred to Dr. Smith for an OHIP consult,
our office will be in touch to arrange your consult.
Your position on the waitlist will be maintained.
To arrange a consult for a cosmetic concern,
please book online, use the contact form below or email:
It is with great enthusiasm that we welcome our patients back to our clinic for medical appointments and treatments.
The Ministry of Health has lifted our restrictions and Ontario phased reopening is in effect.
Our reopening will be at our new location: 2936 Baseline Road, Ottawa ON K2H 1B3
The safety of our patients and staff remains paramount as we prepare to re-open. We are strictly adhering to the regulations and advice set forth by the Ministry of Health and our regulatory college. This may mean that some policies seem more tedious, more time-consuming, and more inconvenient. We are committed to doing our best to streamline your experience, while still respecting safety protocols. We appreciate your patience as we navigate this new normal together.
You will notice the following in our office when we welcome you to your next visit:
● Daily COVID screening including temperature check prior to entry into clinic for all patients and staff
● Mandatory hand sanitation upon entry into the clinic
● Mandatory face-covering for all patients entering the clinic – we kindly request that you bring your own mask as PPE supplies are still difficult to obtain. If you do not arrive with a mask, one will be provided to you
● Plexi-glass barriers for reception
● Enhanced surface sanitization procedures beyond the latest recommendations
● Limited number of patients allowed in the clinic at one time. We ask that you arrive promptly at your appointment time rather than early. Only the patient being treated will be permitted in the office and waiting room.
● When you arrive, we ask that you call before entering. We will advise you when you can enter the waiting room as this will ensure we can maintain physical distancing
● To prevent decrease chances of contact transmission, there are no magazines in the waiting room
● Dr. Smith and other providers will be wearing more protective equipment than normal.
We look forward to safely welcoming you back to Smith Plastic Surgery. Thank you for your support - we are grateful for our community of patients.
Despite our reopening, we will continue to provide virtual care as frequently as possible to decrease the risk for our patients and staff.
This means that we will be using video and audio technologies for some patient visits rather than asking all patients to come into our office. Some of these technologies are provided by the Province, others have been provided by vendors like Google, or Apple to help make discussions with Dr. Smith as easy as possible.
Some health concerns can be addressed with virtual care alone, but in some cases Dr. Smith may ask you to visit the hospital or his office if necessary, for a physical examination.
Understand that this method of communication is not secure in the same way as a private appointment in an exam room.
We do our best to make sure that any information you give to us during virtual care visits is private and secure, but no video or audio tools are ever completely secure. There is an increased security risk that your health information may be intercepted or disclosed to third parties when using video or audio communications tools.
To help us keep your information safe and secure, you can: Use a private computer/device (i.e., not an employer’s or third party’s computer/device) and a secure internet connection. For example, using a personal computer or tablet is more secure than at a library, and your access to the Internet on your home network will generally be more secure than an open guest Wi-Fi connection.
You should also understand that virtual care is not a substitute for in-person communication or clinical examinations, where appropriate, or for attending the Emergency Department when needed (including for any urgent care that may be required).
If you are concerned about using video or audio tools for virtual care, you can ask our office to possibly arrange a visit where you can be seen in person. However, please note that visiting a health care provider in person comes with a higher risk of coming into contact with COVID-19 and the possibility of spreading the virus.
By providing your information, you agree to let us collect, use, or disclose your personal health information through video or audio communications (while following applicable privacy laws) in order to provide you with care. In particular, the following means of electronic communication may be used: telephone, videoconferencing (FaceTime, etc.).